The Role of men in the Church
WHY MEN MATTER - BOTH NOW AND FOREVER
The role of men in the church is clearly defined in the Bible. As the spiritual head of families and church leaders, it is important that Christian men overcome life's challenges and begin to serve as God inspires. The goal is for men to identify and use their gifts and callings for the benefit of the church community.
- When a father comes to Christ, his family joins him 93% of the time
- less than 1/3 of men in church say they have a friend;
- 69,000,000 of 113,000,000 men make no profession of faith in Christ
- 1 out of every 18 men are involved in discipleship
- 39% male make up a typical U.S. Congregation while females make up 61%
- 25% of married, churchgoing women will worship without their husbands.
- Midweek activities often only draw 20 to 30 percent male participants.
- The majority of church employees are women (except for ordained clergy, who are overwhelmingly male)
- More than 90% of American men believe in God; 5 out of 6 call themselves Christians, but only 2 out of 6 attend church on a given Sunday. The average man accepts the reality of Jesus Christ, but fails to see any value in going to church.
- Gender gaps reveal 9 women to 1 adult man in attendance.
- Fewer than 1% of churchgoing men participate in any sort of ongoing men's ministry program
- As many as 70% of men have actively sought out pornography this year
- 93% of all people incarcerated are and 85% of them have no father figure
- As many Christians will divorce as non-Christians
- 95% of men who attend a conference make a life changing decision; 60% get connected to a small group; 25% make a first decision for Christ
- At least 70% of Christian men struggle with Internet pornography?
THE EFFECTS ON CHILDREN
- 72 million children in America will go to bed without their biologocal father in the home.
- 4 out of 5 students in evangelical churches will drop out of church by their senior year in high school.
- Fatherless children are five times as likely to live in poverty, repeat a grade and have emotional problems.
- 70% of the boys raised in church will abandon it during their teens and twenties: often never to return. 90% of boys check out of church by age 20
- 90 % of children ages 8 to 16 have been exposed to Internet pornography, most often while doing homework?
The Vision of Body of Faith Church Mens Ministry
Proactively REACHING other men and leading them to Christ. TEACHING them the word of God and helping to enrich their lives, their friends and those in their families. EQUIPPING them with the spiritual and leadership tools to construct a life well lived. ENCOURAGING them to go out and duplicate the process....REACH, TEACH, EQUIP and ENCOURAGE.
We Love Our Ladies - Watch here http://youtu.be/m3n66KBMwFc
Ministering the Compassion of Christ
Join the Body of Faith Men every first Friday as we visit local hospitals to pray for patients, doctors and staff. We are committed to ministering the love and compassion of Jesus Christ through personal local hospital visits. You may contact the church directly at 832-539-1232. You can bless someone's life by simply visiting and spending time with them at a local hospital.
JAMES CHAPTER 5: Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord
The Body of Faith Church men's ministry is dedicated to bringing encouragement, prayer and the healing power of Jesus Christ to those who are in the hospital.